Streetcar Noise & Vibration, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania · Evaluated noise and vibration from light rail traffic adjacent to historic housing. Diagnosed the cause of excess vibration.
Lincoln Tunnel Bus Ramps, New York, New York
Lincoln Tunnel Bus Ramps, New York, New York · Ramp surfaces were rebuilt connecting the Lincoln Tunnel and the Port Authority Bus Terminal. OAA developed construction noise criteria and provided 24-hour noise monitoring of the site during construction.
LIRR Pennsylvania Station, New York, New York · OAA developed noise control features for a new 34th Street entrance to the LIRR portion of Pennsylvania Station. This included noise control of air conditioning equipment serving the LIRR Station.
Midcounty Expressway I-476, Swarthmore, Pennsylvania · Carried out a noise impact analysis upon the campus of Swarthmore University for the proposed Blue Route prior to construction.
PATH Station, Hoboken, New Jersey · Evaluated proposed ventilation systems and identified needed sound and vibration control measures.
No. 7 Subway Line Extension, New York, New York · Acoustical engineering of the 34th Street Station interior to reduce reverberation and train noise for better sound system intelligibility for this $2.1 billion project. Design of sound isolation and ventilation system noise control to reduce environmental impact.
Highway Sound Barriers, Llewellyn Park, New Jersey · Interstate Route 280 bisects Llewellyn Park, site of Thomas Edison’s Estate and numerous large residences. The Llewellyn Park Association retained OAA to support litigation to have the New Jersey DOT construct sound barriers to mitigate highway noise. Based on the resulting sound surveys and noise modeling, the Association was successful at having the barriers constructed.
Additional Transportation Noise Projects:
- Highway I-78 Environmental Impact Watchung Reservation, New Jersey
- Newark Airport Monorail Station Sound System, New Jersey Transit Link, Newark, New Jersey
- Proposed LIRR Expansion to Grand Central Terminal, New York, New York
- Solid Waste Transfer Stations, Numerous New Jersey Sites
- Verrazano-Narrows Bridge Toll Plaza Sound System, Staten Island, New York
- I-95 Air Rights Tunnel, Washington, District of Columbia
- Journal Square PATH Station, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Second Avenue Subway Station Study, New York, New York
- 60th Street Heliport, New York, New York
- WTC PATH Station Evaluation, New York, New York
Transportation Noise << Environmental Acoustics