Mr. Keefe is a musician and physicist with over a decade of acoustical consulting experience. Joe’s fine analytic skills include Room Acoustics Design, Sound Isolating Construction, Sound System Design, HVAC Noise Control, and Community Noise Evaluation and Control.
- Churchville-Chili Senior High School Auditorium, Rochester, NY
Assisted the architects with room shaping, selection of finishes, sound system design/specification, isolation of exterior sounds, and achieving low HVAC sound levels for this well-received, new, 1,200-seat space.
- Grounds for Sculpture, Hamilton, NJ
Provided consultation for conversion of an unoccupied storage warehouse to a multipurpose space planned for usage as an art gallery, event venue, and music performance space. Assisted the design team with room shaping and finishes, isolation of sound from other spaces, and a quiet HVAC system.
- NY Jets Training Facility, Hempstead, NY and Florham Park, NJ
Assisted the Jets with evaluations of ambient noise at their then-current Hempstead facility and the new facility in Florham Park.
- 34th-Street Subway Station, New York, NY
Assisted the design team with station acoustics, public address system design, and interior and exterior HVAC system noise control.
- Bedens Brook Club, Skillman, NJ
Developed methods for controlling the buildup of noise in dining areas.
- PS-175, Bronx, NY
Developed an auralization demonstration of speech intelligibility to assist with decisions involving modifications to classroom partitions.
- Registry Room, Ellis Island
Modeled candidate sound system designs for this challenging space.
Assisted with development of a horn test protocol and ensuing ANSI Standard.
- Pharmaceutical and Manufacturing Facilities
Carried out noise evaluations for numerous facilities.
- Academic Facilities
Carried out room acoustics and HVAC noise analyses, site noise evaluations concerning transportation noise, and sound isolation analyses for numerous schools, colleges, and universities.
- Bachelor of Arts in Physics and Music, Duke University, 2004
- AutoCAD Authorized Training, 2004
- EASE Modeling Software, Level II Training, 2006
- Listen Level 2 Loop Consultant Partner, 2014
- Acoustical Society of America
- Institute of Noise Control Engineering